EBSCO will be making a number of interface enhancements to SuperSearch and EBSCOhost databases at the end of October (on or after Oct. 29th), and they’ve given us a preview. Many of these changes were driven by users asking EBSCO to simplify the results display and make more results available on the first screen.
- “Add a Row” has been replaced with +/-.
- Number of records returned by the search appears directly above the Results List; page navigation relocated to the bottom below the results.
- The “Preview” and “Folder” icons move to align together to the right side of the column, maintaining a consistent location. Publication type icons now appear below the title.
- Expand/Collapse controls move to the outside corners (includes right column).
- Catalog and institutional repository links now appear in the Full Text link area.
- Publisher names will be displayed, in lieu of Source.
In addition, and not necessarily shown in the preview image:
- Updated styling, including the font, allows for additional display space.
- Selecting a Limiter, such as Full Text, will immediately update the Results List without the need to click an “Update” button.
- Preview hover is now centered inside the screen.
- Addition of access to relevant eBook pages from the Search Results list for titles in your collection.
Access to SuperSearch and EBSCOhost databases will not be interrupted during the upgrade.