Cowles Library has added dozens of new resources in almost every subject category of interest to Drake students and researchers. We have created a full list, plus specialized lists based on major/discipline (and interdisciplinary, too!) Check them out at: http://researchguides.drake.edu/2017
Archive for September, 2017
The Health and Wellness Resource Center by Gale is a consumer health resource with access to many full-text health science databases which contain more than 1,000 medical journals, periodicals, and articles from more than 2,200 general-interest publications, medical newspapers, newsletters and news feeds. Additionally, this resource has streaming videos with transcripts from Healthology, Illumistream, NBC and ORLive.
Most importantly though, it has access to a variety of electronic full-text dictionaries and encyclopedias including:
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Surgery and Medical Tests
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Genetic Disorders
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Cancer
- The Medical and Health Information Directory
- Medical Health Information Directory
- Merriam-Webster’s Medical Desk Dictionary
- various Thomson Healthcare and Micromedex drug guides.
However, this database is partially searchable in SuperSearch.