This is the eleventh in a series of “Resources and Services” posts from the Faculty of Cowles Library, intended to increase awareness of the quality resources and services (many of them new!) available to Drake students, faculty, and staff. Earlier posts are listed at the bottom of this page.
We here at Cowles Library encourage our users to check out the “new” version of Refworks. This bibliographic citation manager is already in use by many at Drake, so this new version offers a seamless transition and importing of your existing citations. There is an extensive YouTube site if you want to watch some short videos to understand the advantages of the new version.
Refworks allows users to create, import and update bibliographic information in all required and standard academic styles in use at Drake. Create a personal account with your Drake email address on first use and use RefWorks to track citations and create bibliographies. This account remains active even after you leave Drake. More information and training can be found at http://proquest.libguides.com/newrefworks.
Previous Resources and Services announcements:
1) New York Times Digital Subscription
2) Chronicle of Higher Education
3) Oxford Very Short Introductions
4) Vogue and Women’s Wear Daily
5) Business Expert Press
6) Statista – Statistics for the Rest of Us
7) Bibliography of Native North Americans
8) JoVE Biology (and JoVE Neuroscience)
9) Filmakers’ Library Online
10) Springer Books and Journals